Introduction To Screen Print



I took a workshop class at Lillstreet Art Center to learn the techniques of screen printing. Originally, I wanted to take the screen print on fabric class so I can design my own t-shirts but that class interfered with work schedule. Ideally, I wanted a class that was on a weekend which led me to take the screen print on paper with the guidance of Tom Lucas. I'm glad I took that class instead and anyone whose interested in screen print, I strongly recommend taking this beginning class with Tom. I learned basic print techniques and was introduced to photo emulsion process but most importantly, I left with an appreciation for the artform and an appreciation for the artists, especially working in the Chicago area.
This is my first print on bristol paper (14x17).

No comments: